Puerto Rico, officially dubbed the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, is an unincorporated territory of the United States of America and is located in the northeast part of the Caribbean Sea. The capital city is San Juan and the territory’s total population is approximately 3.4 million. Spanish and English are the official languages; however, Spanish is spoken most commonly. Its economy is mainly driven by manufacturing and the service industry.
Puerto Rico is home to a unique amphibian species known as the “coqui”. The coqui frog is an important part of Puerto Rican culture and heritage and is greatly revered on the island. The steady flow of cruise lines, airlines and resorts continue to draw in many more tourists, which is helping to strengthen the economy. Puerto Rico is also home to the Camuy River, the longest underground river in the world. It is located in the Camuy River Cave Park, a very popular tourist attraction.
- Local filing available. Validity period – 10 yrs from filing date.
- Applications can be filed based on US Registration filings.
- Master AOAs signed by proprietor and notarized.
- No Priority filing accepted.
- Certified copy of US registration certificate is needed.
- Only original documents will be accepted.
- Classification system – International Classification System
- Single-class applications are allowed.